Monday, January 2, 2012

Fall Belated

Okay this Fall went WAY to fast. I feel like I had no time to blog at all. I am going to spend the next few days looking back on some fun in the fall, great ideas you may want to try next year, and recipes you can do anytime!
Early October:
We went on a few fun fall adventures. The first was to Todd’s Family Fun Farm in Dyersburg ,TN. If you are in the area I would recommend it. Our wonderful friends the Duffie’s joined us. The children enjoyed jumping in a truck full of cotton, corn maze, pig races, swimming in a corn silo, and a nighttime hayride. Here are a few of my favorite photos.

SANY0907SANY0913SANY0925
This is Preston at the pumpkin patch. We went together on morning while Sophia was in school. It was nice to have that time alone with him.
SANY0947SANY0948
This is an October trip to the zoo. Sophia had a special connection with the animals. We told her she needed to say with the monkeys… she didn’t think that was a good idea.





With the change of the weather I had to decorate of course!!
I found a few cute ideas on Pinterest. I thought these table pieces were so cute and easy to make. I took a few old vases I already had and layered in split peas, red beans, and corn. I matched up the colors with some fresh pumpkins and fall leaves. I used a simple gold charger to hold the pumpkins I got from Good Will for $1.00. You will also see it used in my Christmas photos.

More Fall tomorrow...night night!!

No comments: